Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /nfs/c01/h05/mnt/33865/domains/photobooth.net/html/forum/extensions/LatestDiscusssionsPrime/default.php on line 76

Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /nfs/c01/h05/mnt/33865/domains/photobooth.net/html/forum/extensions/LatestDiscusssionsPrime/default.php on line 76

Photobooth.net Forum - Photobooth Project

PHOTOBOOTH DISCUSSION

• CommentAuthornurseluci
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2008

Hi, im new to this site even though i have visited a few times.

I am at college in the UK, near Manchester and i am starting a project specifically on photobooths so i thought here would be a good place to start. This is my final major project so i am planning on doing everything i can to get the best results. I do realise that this is a US site and most of the locations are in fact in America, but i know that by talking to people who also are interested in photobooths that i can get a better idea of how i will approach this.

Firstly i would really like to know if there is anyone who knows if there are any working photobooths still left in England? I really would like to use a few that give out 4 individual photographs and not just one picture repeated. This would be much appreciated as i know they are very rare.

Secondly, i am taking a trip to Florida in the next few weeks and i would also like to know if anyone knows of any in the Sarasota or Orlando area that i could possibly use? I am not sure of how far away Kissime is to Sarasota as that was the only one listed in Florida on the list but if someone would like to inform me that would also be great.

One more thing, if anyone just wants to talk about there projects or anything of the sort, i would love to because i would really like to further my knowledge about photobooths because i think it will really help me and also its nice to talk to someone else who has the same love for them.
    Thanks a lot.

Lucie...x
    • CommentAuthorBrian
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008

Hi Lucie,

Welcome to the site, and thanks for posting your thoughts and questions. I'd contact Mixup (at mixup.org.uk) to ask about booths in the UK; he's the resident expert there for sure, and could let you know if and where photochemical booths still exist there.

As for Florida, I've got a ton of listings in the Orlando area that haven't been officially submitted as entries for our directory, but I'll be happy to send them to you. Perhaps in exchange, you can take photos and scan photostrips and get them all officially listed on our site.

Email me at brian [at] photobooth [dot] net so I can send you the locations and so we can talk more about your plans.
    • CommentAuthortomlando
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008

Hi there! I am the owner/operator of PhotoBooth of Central Florida located in Orlando, Florida. I have been servicing all the Classic 'dip n' dunk' Photobooths in the Orlando area since 1995. I currently have 8 in operation and are located in Orlando as follows:

Bar BQ Bar 64 N Orange Ave - Color
    Eye Spy Bar 64 N Orange Ave (in Back) Black & White
    BackBooth 37 W. Pine St - Color
    The Social - 54 N Orange Ave - Color
    Big Belly Brewery 33 W Church St - Color
    Club @ Firestone 578 N Orange Ave - Color
    Cafe Tu Tu Tango 8625 International Dr - Color
    Stardust Coffee & Video 1842 Winter Park Rd - Black & White

I hope this helps. If you have any questions I can be emailed at tseward@cfl.rr.com
    Hi Lucie,

I, too, am a big fan of the photobooth and am desperately seeking one here in the UK (I am based in london). Did you manage to find one? How did your project go? I would be interested in finding out more about your experience as I am new to this...

Thanks
    carole