Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /nfs/c01/h07/mnt/33865/domains/photobooth.net/html/forum/extensions/LatestDiscusssionsPrime/default.php on line 76

Strict Standards: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in /nfs/c01/h07/mnt/33865/domains/photobooth.net/html/forum/extensions/LatestDiscusssionsPrime/default.php on line 76

Photobooth.net Forum - photobooth essay photobooths as an urban interiority- archives of the every

PHOTOBOOTH DISCUSSION

• CommentAuthorashleigh
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008

the social context of photo booths have seemed to change in my generation. targeted as the "look at me generation" i am curious to discover if people believe the ideals of photo booths have in fact change because of the sudden desire for people to materialise themselves.
    though my research/interviews it seem that photo booth were once used to capture a moment in time, or document change or even for practical reasons such as passport photos now it seem there are in every shopping center or movie cinema as a tool to self promote my already egotistical peers.
    already given great opportunity to do so with myspace and you tube i am asking whether anybody else sees this damning change is societies values or if it has always been about fitting as many friends as you can into one booth to capture a staged scenario with fake emotions.

i was also wondering whether any one has any insight as to why we still have photo booths. Is it the romance we create with the photo booths? though my research i have found ignorance in some people who argue that we dont really need them because of new technologies such as digital cameras and phone cameras make it just as easy as a photo booth.

thank you in advance
    ash
    :p