PHOTOBOOTH DISCUSSION

• CommentAuthorroland1980
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011

Just a quick question.
    What are the symptoms to understand that a transmission is about to break?
    Can you tell me if there is a manual transmission repair?
    thanks,
    • CommentAuthorTim
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011

Great question -- not sure I have a definitive answer, but a few tips -- you want to make sure the transmission is always topped off with lubricant. Word on the street says synthetic is the way to go. Over time (esp. with older trans) the lubricant leaks, so need to keep an eye on it.

Obviously, any new noises (esp. clicking or grinding noises) coming out of the transmission are not good signs. Also, any new irregularities in the smooth up/down/rotation of the spider assembly could be a useful indicator.

From what I understand, most transmission bungles are a result of too much metal shavings (coming from the internal gears) building up and interfering with the movement. You can also mess up a transmission by dropping a booth (!). Remember: always transport booth with transmission in the lowered position.

In short, I don't know if there is a sure-fire way to know when you transmission is going out (much like on your car). Hope some of this helps.
    • CommentAuthorroland1980
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011

Thanks Tim!

Really valuable your contribution! You know if there is a manual for repair?
    I have never opened a drive, but since my "shakes" when it comes down, I thought I try to open it. Thanks again for your kind reply!